Thursday 15 September 2011

Week 9: Fattie runs for 30 mins, covers 5.3Km

Bodyweight: 240.0lb "BodyFat": 33.0




The owner of a running store in St. Catharines once told me that running is 10% Physical and 90% Mental.  His numbers may be a little off but the theory is sound. Getting from 10 mins to 20 mins took months, but going from 20 mins to 30 mins took 2 weeks. Increasing my runs by 2mins every couple of weeks, made it mentally easier but the jump to 25 and then 30 was pure gut instinct. "If I can do an hour's training at the boxing club, I can jog for 30 mins". So I say ditch the harsh leveling up of Couch to 5K and use the mentally easier 2 minute increments


Weight loss was however a struggle this week, even with the 2lbs gone by the end of the week, it fluctuated almost every day. Looks like I'm headed for the dreaded plateau.  With the 10 week challenge over soon, I will be making a new challenge. All ideas welcome but I'm thinking reduce body fat and increase running time for a start.


Check out the blog next week for the final weigh in of the 10 week challenge.


TTF

No comments:

Post a Comment