Thursday 8 September 2011

Week 8: Salt, Fat and just saying no. Nancy Reagan would be proud

Bodyweight: 242.5lb "BodyFat": 33.9




Sushi, Pho, Curry, Pasta and a lazy weekend should only have spell doomed for this week. But as you can see things aren't as bad as they seem, though I would be surprised if this trend continued to next week. The demon salt as opposed to fat and sugar took an evil toll shortly after the last post and It took most of the week to normalize my water weight.


However, I consider this a minor accomplishment given reducing water weight requires only potasium, some exercise and ironically a lot of water! Not over eating during excurions away from home was a much harder ordeal. How could one resist the allure of a boat load of British style curry? Or not say no to a second portion when at a pasta buffet? It is easy to justify the extended eating as pleasing company or justifying money spent. However, just as those reasons are a personal mentality  so are the counter arguments


So, I reversed my old fattie reasoning and turned it into weight loss reasoning. "Surely my friends will be proud and admire me more with trimmer physique than if i were to take their second portion", "I may have paid for all I can eat, but I will feel richer without a sore belly and the inevitable self loathing". It worked and as such I am also learning how to eat happily (i.e. without the eternal submission to rabbit food) while maintaining a healthy weight.


So I raise a glass, of water, to a healthier lifestyle (with a weekly indulgence)


Till next week
TTF

2 comments: